- 1 pizza dough
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ red onion
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing dough
- 3 cups spinach, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup Organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes or Pizza Sauce
- 6 canned artichoke heart quarters
- 4 large leaves basil
- Have pizza dough ready
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 550°F.
- Prepare the toppings: Slice the jarred red pepper into thin strips and set aside. Mince 3 cloves garlic. Slice the mushrooms and red onion. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the garlic, mushrooms, onion, chickpeas, and spinach and ½ teaspoon kosher salt; saute until the mushrooms are tender and the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- When the oven is ready, stretch the dough into a circle (see this video for instructions). Place the dough on a floured pizza peel or pull the pizza stone out of the oven and carefully place the dough on it.
- Quickly assemble the pizza: Spread a thin layer of crushed tomatoes across the dough and sprinkle with a few pinches kosher salt. Add the sauteed vegetables, then top with red pepper strips and artichoke quarters. Lightly brush the crust with olive oil.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven on the pizza peel, and bake until the crust is browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. While the pizza bakes, cut the basil into thin strips (chiffonade). Allow to cool slightly, then top with basil and serve.
Total Time: 60 minutes
Recipe source: https://www.acouplecooks.com/very-veggie-vegan-pizza/