JOIN THE MOVEMENT ON JUNE 20TH
The Poor People’s Assembly & March on Washington: A Mass Digital Gathering is going digital! On June 20th, we will hold the largest digital gathering of poor and dispossessed people — and all those of conscience — in this nation’s history.
- The Poor People’s Assembly & March on Washington: A Mass Digital Gatheringwill be the largest digital gathering of poor, dispossessed and impacted people in history.
- This 2 hour program will be broadcast on Saturday, June 20th at 10:00am EST and 6:00pm EST and again on Sunday, June 21st at 6:00pm EST.
- The Poor People’s Assembly & March on Washington: A Mass Digital Gathering is going digital! We will gather from all 50 U.S. states and territories, and from across the world. Visit June2020.org to tune in.
- There are 140 million poor and low-income people in the richest country in the history of the world. This global pandemic is exposing even more the already existing crisis of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and militarism, and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism.
- We are gathering on June 20, 2020 to demonstrate the leadership of the poor and build power to enact a Moral Agenda for the nation.
- If the rejected millions — those without health insurance, without living wages, without clean water, without voting protections — unite, we can move the moral and political imagination of this country and revive the heart of our democracy!
- The Poor People’s Assembly & March on Washington: A Mass Digital Gathering is made up of people of all backgrounds, we are Black, Brown, White, Native, and Asian; we are old and young; we are people of faith and not of faith; we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities; we are people of all abilities; we are led by poor people and we are a broad movement made up of those from all walks of life;; and we are from every corner of this nation
- We will gather online on June 20, 2020 from across the country and world.
- We will launch a robust accessibility campaign to ensure those of us most affected by poverty and its interlocking injustices are able to participate fully.
- Use this social media toolkit to spread the word networks and social media.
- Get connected to your state’s coordinating committee.
SPREAD THE MESSAGE ONLINE
If you want to help us spread the message of the Poor People’s Campaign online, we’ll show you how. Click the link below to get our digital toolkit, which has social media posts, images, and ideas for how you can talk to people you know about the Mass Poor People’s Assembly & March on Washington on June 20th, 2020.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The Poor People’s Assembly & March on Washington: A Mass Digital Gathering is going digital! We will hold the largest on-line gathering of poor and dispossessed people, and people of conscience, in this nation’s history. The COVID-19 global pandemic is exposing the already existing crisis of poverty in America, and the 140 million poor and low-income people across this nation will be heard.
- This moment is forcing everybody to adjust, in small and big ways. Even now, the ground beneath our feet is shifting. But our strategy for building a long-term moral fusion movement has not changed. In the time ahead, we will continue to organize to shift the moral narrative, impact policies and elections, and build lasting power for our communities.