The Mental Health Center of Denver accepts all people into treatment, regardless of ability to pay. No-one, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay goes without care. Information is available within the Fee Agreement process.
MHCD provides bilingual translators – Spanish and ASL clinical staff; and translator services for consumers who do not speak English. MHCD also has 50 + Case Management Staff who have had Health Navigator Training. Upon request, a Consumer Advocate can be provided to assist consumers.
MHCD is co-piloting 2 Projects:
- PRICARe Project for Medicaid recipients funded by the Colorado Health Foundation.
- Integrated Primary Care and Wellness Project for uninsured individuals – federally funded.
Colorado Crisis Services: 1.844.493.TALK (8255)
Access Center: 303.504.7900
e-mail: [email protected]
Snow Closure: 303.756.7669
- Integrated Healthcare
- Mental Health
- Primary Care Services
- Adult Recovery Services
- Housing Services
- Living and Learning with HIV
- Residential Programs
- Teen & Young Adult Services
- Child & Family Services
- Dahlia Campus for Health and Well-Being
- Infant & Pre-School
- Adolescents & Teens
- Emerging Adults
- Parents & Caregivers
- Specialized Services
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Depression & Anxiety Programs
- Wellshire Behavioral Services
- El Centro de las Familias
- Resource Center
- Suicide Prevention Help Line and Online Chat
- Work and Education Training
- Mental Health First Aid Class
- FREE Monthly Informational Sessions – Open House